1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

550 hp turbo stick shift with radials..any success

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by 93lxsprayed347, Jun 24, 2016.

1. 93lxsprayed347

93 fox 550ish rwhp would like to run a radial at track.has anyone had good luck with the m&h or the latest mt et street radial,stock front susp. upr adj in rear. looking at the 275 60 15s. this is a street car that my wife drives so would like some sort of tread just incase she gets stuck in bad weather.leaning toward the m&h but don't know anyone running them and they are pretty pricey.

2. racesloth

What kind of ET are you looking for and how much street driving does the car get?

3. 93lxsprayed347

honestly I would be happy with a 11 something et.its a weekend cruiser and a nice weather car that will see limited track usage I just don't want to waste money on a drag radial that wont hook with the stick shift.its a 306 9.5to1 perf rmp heads cobra intake f cam with 1.7s tremec 3550 with 3.55s with a on3 kit

4. racesloth

Try some nittos if there is going be a lot of street miles. Unless you plan to just bolt on the DR's for the track it is probably not worth the cost with the short street life that comes with the soft DRs...

Just my two cents...

5. Unatural

The last time I had my car at the track, I best of a 1.60 60' on my 315/35-17 Nitto DRs. Granted, I have more suspension work done than you do, but I still highly recommend them. Especially for a car that is mostly street driven, and only taken to the track every once in a while. They are a great tire on the street as well. I've been stuck in MANY torrential down pours, and have never had any issues with them hydroplaning at all.

This is the 1.60 pass. If I didn't miss 3rd gear, it would have been a little better, but I ran an 11.35 @ 125. It was MAYBE making similar power to yours, but mine is probably a little lower. It weighs 3500 lbs too.

https://youtu.be/O-k172c3spQ

6. voodoochassis

If driven right and the correct combo it'll be in the mid 6's I drive mine daily and runs great on a 306 with 80mm turbo..

7. Unatural

Update: Last Friday, I was able to get a 1.57 60' out of my Nitto DRs. Once I can get some more seat time with this combo, I think I'll be able to get it down even more. This was my second pass of the night, and my best pass to date. 10.76.at 130, with a 1.61 60'

https://youtu.be/GrjMF1Ou9_k