1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Searching for opinions on What chassis to use, fox or sn95?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by bel-mor, Nov 8, 2016.

1. bel-mor

I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Been gathering parts for some time to do a tt 5.0 swap in my 79 capri. So far I have a 302 out of a 90 f150 General refreshing with new rings and bearings. Twin .50/.63 ar Chinese hybrid turbos. I have a c4 trans but I have had my heart set on a t5. Found an article on mustang 360 about doing a 5.0 swap on a v6 sn95 they used the stock v6 bell and trans. Anyhow, went to a car auction and picked up a decent 96 stang with 3.8 and t5 for a 150 bucks and drove it 50 miles home. Looking for pros and cons from people that know these cars. The capri is a straight and solid 4cylinder auto car with trashed interior the 96 is a little beat up but not to bad but has near perfect interior. Any opinions good or bad would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Mnlx

Go with the body style you like. Performance wise its a toss up as they're near identical under the sheet metal (I do like the 5 bolt on the sn95 though) . I personally wouldn't put much time or money in a t5 with anything turbo in front of it, but that's just my 2 cents.

3. T6Rocket

I agree on keeping the C4 over the T-5.

Al

4. bel-mor

I would agree that the t5 is weak compared to a c4. I blew 2 in a stock 5.0 when I was 18. However, I am not expecting very much power from my engine it is a bone stock 185hp 302 . Granted I have no idea as to how much power to expect boosted ( also have no experience with any turbo v8). I figure if I don't blow the engine up tuning it I will run the stock t5 until I can afford a GeForce kit for it