1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ANYONE GOING TO CECIL TODAY?

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by NITROUSKINGZ, Apr 5, 2008.

1. NITROUSKINGZ

im going should be a good race....

2. PrecisionTurboMustang

It looks like it might not rain...I am thinking about it.

3. Corpquad

It was a good race and the weather turned out nice. It sure was fun to see those drag radial guys tearing up the track!

4. nastyrx

Just got home,,, lost #4 cylinder on the 1st elimination,, Dunno why yet,, or what the issue is,, no noise,, just dead on it. Sux ass cause there seemed to be more in it,, it was getting better and better

5. nastyrx

By the way it was nice to meet you nitrousking,,, enjoyed talking to you. Thanks for the tips you gave me,, it goes to show no matter how long you do this,, theres still always stuff to learn

6. Corpquad

It's a real shame those blow-thru setups don't work. :D Enjoyed seeing you run from the fence, Ben - the crowd really seems to like that car. Very impressive. When you get that cylinder fixed, it should give those drag radial guys some real nightmares. Keep at it!

Dave

7. NITROUSKINGZ

nice talking to you to nasty. now i got to make you a list of everything you need to get that car really movin :2thumbs:. your car is truly amazing for what it is and how fast it is with no big money support other than your own. oh yeah props for taking out that BIG DOG twin turbo vette.

8. nastyrx

Thanks for the props,, that was the greatest ever,, driving around old paul major,, i like the guy,, but it feels good to be able to do that. These guys and thier million dollar budgets,, stackers,,toter homes and shit!!! damn what i would give to be able to have the backing some of em have. On a side note ,, Got it fixed,,at least for now,, gonna go testing weds. night at the home track. I truly think 4.90's are in my reach.

9. nastyrx

Thanks for the props,, i got it fixed,, was just a push rod broken, I need to upgrade those as soon as i can,, they are only 5/16,, they have lasted for 3 years like they are,, hope i can get a few more runs out of it like it is, till i can aford to upgrade. Im glad everyone likes the car,, i had allot of fun yesterday and i hope i can keep this rig bandaided up for a while.

10. letereat

nastyrx your car was really hauling the mail, that thing looks awsome going down the track.

11. nastyrx

DAMN man,, killer pictures,, i been looking all nite for pics from the race,, i guess the pic takers didnt think it was worth footage,, i come here and youve taken one of the best pictures of the thing going down there i ever saw,, i was told it was caring the wheels out a good ways,, not to much,, just enough. I cant belive how much those hoosiers wrinkle on the side,, AWSOME pic man,, love it!

12. Corpquad

Yes, it was carrying those wheels out a good ways. Nothing crazy, just floating the front wheels like a well tuned chassis should. BTW, 5/16" pushrods - WOW! That is a true testament to the fact that you don't need esoteric stuff when it comes to running fast in a turbo car.

Dave

13. NITROUSKINGZ

beleive me when ben told me he was running 5/16 my jaw dropped :doh: when it comes to pushrods and turbo setups, the bigger the better :2thumbs: i