1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

screen capture and key stroke logging programs?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by mybigpony, Mar 3, 2010.

1. mybigpony

A friend of mine is getting suspicious about his wife's internet activity and was curious about these types of programs. I had one years ago that I messed with, It was from a company called soft dd. It used to work ok but that was close to ten years ago. Is anybody using something like that now? I did some looking and there are some programs that say you can go on a website and view the watched computer screen, at least that's what I understand. His wife insists on taking care of the finances too and she uses Quicken but he says she has it password protected so he cant see what is in there and she conveniently puts the paper statements away before he sees them. Anyway just wondering if anybody has any experience with these type of programs.

2. stangfireman

I'd save my money on any program and invest it in a good lawyer.

3. furchaser

X 100,000,000 and please don't ask how I know. :bang:

4. livefast1

Free tip. Find somethin mutual between the parties such as a tv or the administration portion of the computer that requires a password. Let her set it up and choose the password herself. Sit on it a little while and allow a situation where you need to know the password and ask her. Its very likely this is the same password she uses for everything else as most people wont stray from an easily remembered personal password.

5. BottleFed70

Having her password will only help for reading of emails. Great idea BTW.

I'm not going to suggest an app. But will strongly caution your buddy about these apps. Most that you find will end up infecting your own computer with a virus, malware, or whatnot. Tell him to be extra careful about what he downloads.

I would try searching apps ment more to "monitor" (spy) on your kids. It does the same thing, but is slightly less likely to be riddled with virus's.

6. furchaser

Reply #1 is the only answer.

7. BottleFed70

OK. Although I don't see how having proof is a bad thing. He's only at the suspicion point now... don't know how a lawyer would help unless he's ready to accuse her of something and start divorce proceedings. Maybe a PI.

8. Mr. Dew

Shoot first ask questions later.

9. livefast1

Agreed bullets are cheaper. O wait thats not what you were getting at lol

10. Turbohwagon

When i was suspicious of my girl friend of 4 years i found a key logger that had a free 30 day trial. I don't remember what it was called, but it would take screen shots, log keys, and record/log just about everything else you could think of. It would even email the logs to your email. You had to pick a key phrase to bring the program up otherwise it ran in the background completely undetectable.

I just googled (Key Logger), and i'm pretty god damn glad i did. I found out WAY more than i really wanted to but it was for the best. I didn't have a problem with it, but keep in mind this could make your system abit vulnerable.

11. mybigpony

Its always interesting to know what goes on. He is saying stuff about how she doesnt like him seeing the bank statements and how they dont have any money and it sounds like she is putting money away for an eventual get away to me. He is too trusting and I think its going to come back and bite him. Years ago I started checking out what the wifie was doing online and was amazed too. Damn no wonder she was so horny all the time.