1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

scored a 94 mark 8, now wtf should i do with the motor and trans.

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by ashford, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ashford

bought a mark8 for $900 today with a bad transmission. i pulled my 2 potential receiver cars in to do some measuring. an 85 mercury capri and a 62 falcon. it looks like it will be easier to put the motor into the falcon since it has a mustang 2 front end conversion. but if i put in in that car it will be near stock, it is basically a sunday cruiser. then i don't know if i should keep the t5 and megasquirt it or rebuild the transmission and use the stock computer etc. if i put the motor in the capri it would be mildly built and on low boost. but it looks a pita to put it in this car. it already has an ms3. the falcon i am sorta picky with how it runs and drives. currently i have had the engine out 3 times to hunt down some mild valvetrain noise and am ready to throw in the towel.

the mark8 engine runs fine but is tired, im thinking rings bearings valve job and maybe different cams. im a mod newb so am unfimiliar to how these engines respond to modifications. how would you guys proceed.

2. slow95

my vote is the falcon with a set of cams that would be a relible nice cruiser and get some attention at local cruise nites

3. Suo