1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo for 403 LQ9

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by dazzrael, Nov 9, 2014.

1. dazzrael

Hi guys,

New guy here from Australia. Great forum!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search and couldn't find what I was looking for.....

I have a 403 LQ9 based stroker that I was going to run my old single BW 75mm/1.10AR BW S400 kit on but have received advice from my tuner that the turbo may be to small for the cubes.

I am currently searching for a big enough (96mm/1.32AR) turbo for it but am curious as to what size turbo everyone is running on a similar application and what their results (power/torque/1/4/mph) are.

Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to where (and for what sort of coin) I might be able to locate a BW S400 96/1.32 I would be very appreciative!

Thanks in advance!

Dazz

2. JeffG

I run a billet S480 with 96mm turbine and 1.32 AR exhaust housing on a 370" built LQ4. I would probably look into a larger exhaust side for 403 cubes. You don't want to choke it down with too much back pressure up high. Jose at ForcedInductions.com will be able to set you up.

3. dazzrael

thanks man, a S480 is what I'm looking for, nobody stocks them in Australia though! Am also thinking i may need to get new manifolds made as well.