1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SBC turbo oil drain

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by TwinS10, Apr 4, 2012.

1. TwinS10

Can you drain the oil from the turbo into the spot where the mechanical fuel pump would normally mount?

2. DeboDaddy

That's where I have mine and it works well. I bought a fuel pump blockoff plate, drilled it, and bolted a -8an bulkhead in it. Haven't had any drainage issues yet...

3. TwinS10

Good deal. I saw Moroso has a plate with the AN fitting already installed. Might try that.

4. M&M Turbochargers

we have done the same thing on a sbc and is working good

5. a70duster

I did the same thing with a p600 Procharger and it worked good. The only bad thing is that it limits the location of the turbo to the passenger side.

6. M&M Turbochargers

with the shift linkage and the steering linkage on the drivers side, mounting the turbo worked best on the pass side for us imo

7. 1FastPickup

I have the same setup...I've not had any issues either.

8. TwinS10

The passenger side is where i want it. Theres another one on the drivers side!!! :chacha:

9. turboventura

I have mine mounted there, T6 turbo so -12 lines and about 5000miles. Some people dont like it because it has to go through about a 1/4 hole (you can see it in the block) but people dont think about how much oil is froathing up and slinging around in the pan to hurt flow. I also go out of the turbo to a straight 90 fitting then downslope to the fuel pump plate. Lastly theres two 3/8 bolt holes in the front of the block, ooollld motor mounts bolted to them and one is also a "fuel pump pushrod lockdown" so with no pushrod in there car will idle well and everything look good, 5mile drive down the road and its pissing out oil onto the crank and slinging EVERYWHERE, learn from my mistakes.

10. taank

Old thread but can you repeat that last part in English? Lol

11. Rickracer

I think he's talking about if you leave that upper "old" mounting bolt out, it will piss oil everywhere.
    You can screw a longer bolt in that particular hole to hold the fuel pump pushrod in place while changing a mechanical pump.

12. mnm99

or you can put it here in the pan. Oh it's for sale by the way .lol DSC02342.JPG #ad

DSC02342.JPG #ad

DSC02341.JPG #ad