1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

old school sbc i-beam rods who has used them and how much abuse

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by pound4pound, Feb 12, 2015.

1. pound4pound

how much power has been made on the likes of scat or eagle i-beams ......would like to make 700-800 hp with them sbc 355 stock stroke 5.7 rod

2. Montecarlodrag

I have made close to 600 HP at the flywheel with a set of 6" Eagle I-Beams, revved it to 7400 and they lasted 7 years.
    I don't know how close they were to bend to break, the hyper pistons failed first and I sold them in a very good shape.
    If you want 700 or higher go to H-beam

Hope this helps