1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Sbc nodular iron crank

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by pound4pound, Feb 15, 2015.

1. pound4pound

I was looking over a engine I got years ago and was thinking about boosting it. So as I was looking it over I started researching casting numbers and on the crank was 14088526 and the first thing that came up was a listing on summit racing for a gm performance nodular iron crank and they want 429 for it lol. I also found that I think in the 90s a lot of those engines came with these cranks as well.

My question is are these cranks any stronger than a regular old sbc cast crank.

i was going to buy a eagle or scat cast crank but If this is just as strong I'll just run it.

My my goal is 700-800 fwhp at around 6000 rpm
    with forged Pistons and a set of 4340 scat I beam rods

2. pound4pound

SearchMake/ModelSearchMake/Engine
    Chevrolet Performance Cast Nodular Iron Crankshafts 14088526
    Chevrolet Performance 14088526 - Chevrolet Performance Cast Nodular Iron Crankshafts
    $429.97

Crankshaft, 1-Piece Seal, Internal Balance, Cast Iron, 3.480 in. Stroke, Chevy, 5.7L, Each

Chevrolet Performance Cast Nodular Iron Crankshafts
    Part Type:
    Crankshafts
    Application:
    Find out if this fits your application

Email Email
    Overview
    Applications
    Show All
    Brand:Chevrolet Performance
    Manufacturer's Part Number:14088526
    Part Type:Crankshafts
    Product Line:Chevrolet Performance Cast Nodular Iron Crankshafts
    Summit Racing Part Number:NAL-14088526

Rear Main Seal Style:1-piece
    Engine Stroke (in):3.480 in.
    Crankshaft Material:Cast iron
    Engine Balance:Internal
    Lightened:No
    Requires Narrow Bearings:No
    Rod Bearings Included:No
    Main Bearings Included:No
    Rod Journal Diameter (in):2.100 in.
    Main Journal Diameter (in):2.448 in.
    Balancer Bolt Thread Size:7/16-20 in.
    Crankshaft Snout Style:Standard
    Quantity:Sold individually.
    Notes:This crank does not have a pilot bearing.
    In-Store Pickup:Choose In-store pick-up (OH, GA, NV) on our web site.
    ToolStroker Combinations
    Whether you are building a street or race engine, your choice of crankshaft, the central component of your engine, is crucial to the peak performance of your engine. Strength and durability are important traits of a great crank, and Chevrolet Performance crankshafts are precision-engineered to be both. GM understands that crankshaft failure can be catastrophic, so their crankshafts are made to exacting specifications and tested against the forces of high performance engines. Chevrolet Performance cast nodular iron crankshafts are economical aftermarket pieces with improved ductility and tensile strength for mild performance applications. Choose wisely--choose Chevrolet Performance crankshafts.

3. Orr89rocz

Just about 100$ more you can get eagle forged crank