1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. SingleTurboSBC

I already slapped the motor in the truck, and realized I forgot to put the fuel pump push-rod in. Can this go in right before I put the fuel pump on?. Stupid question, I know, but would like to know so I can plan to pull this stupid thing out.

2. Turbo Monte

All you have to do is remove the plate and slide the rod in. Also to make putting the pump on easier, you can remove the short bolt in the front of the block and take a longer one to hold the rod in place to keep it from sliding down while you bolt the pump in place. Only finger tight so that you don't damage the rod.

3. SingleTurboSBC

THANKS A WHOLE LOT!!. When I ripped it apart, I noticed it fall out, but thought it came out of the intake area for some stupid reason, this is the 1st SBC I have built, I have usually built Mitsubishi 4g63's. After I realized that, I was upset with myself.

4. SWT Racing

You have to put the pushrod in right before the pump, so you're ok.