1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

S475 WASTEGATE SIZE

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by d3v1n007, Jan 22, 2019.

1. d3v1n007

Getting ready to order wastegates, and I'm pretty sure I'll be ok but just wanted to check in to make sure I'm not making a mistake. I have a s475 and I am planning to run 2 wastegates. Everyone seems to run 44-46mm gates on their setups but Ive noticed the 40mm gates are substantially cheaper. Will I be ok running two 40mm gates on a s475? I am planning to initially run as low as 6 pounds of boost so if I have to spend the extra money on bigger gates to more accurately control boost I will. I also don't have a particular brand in mind but whats sticking out to me right now are either precision, jgs, or tial. Any input on gate size or brand is appreciated.

2. Disney Lincoln

If placed properly, two 40mm gates will be great. If placed wrong, a pair of 60mm gates would be worthless. You have to place them well for any WG to work correctly.

turbofreek likes this.
  3. d3v1n007

Thank you for the reply. I do understand that wastegate placement and positioning is critical, just didn't want to run into a situation where I did everything as right as possible and still ended up with not enough gate, or had creep issues.

4. Disney Lincoln

You won't 2 40mm WG will be plenty. 6psig shouldn't be any trouble at all for that.

5. d3v1n007

Cool, thanks again!