1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

s475 oil feed on a lq4

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by bigkw2003, Dec 29, 2012.

1. bigkw2003

would a 6-an be to big of an oil feed line .

2. M&M Turbochargers

we commonly run 4-an for the oil supply, usually the oil gallies in the turbo regulate the volume of oil, i would think a no6 would be ok ,, however i have never run that big of an oil supply though

3. otrtruckpro

A -6 is not really needed. A -4 works fine. But the BW S400's are internally regulated anyways so a -12 would work to. But for ease of installation a -4 or -3 would be better

4. TURBO 70CAMARO

if the line is longer then 4-5 feet some larger t6 turbos like the larger -6 feed line

5. wantabe

All the above answers are correct
    the s400, tv81, s4d , turbos in the diesel world have up to 1/2 inch steel lines or better for oil feeds.

6. Turbohwagon

Interesting. I used an old nitrous feed line for my remote mounted S480 and it seems to be doing good.

7. M&M Turbochargers

u might want to check and see if the line you used is compatible with oil,, it would be the shits if the center started to deteriorate and a piece of the hose plugged the turbo

8. Turbohwagon

If i recall it had a nylon liner inside. I put a whole season on it, had the compressor wheel upgraded from a 65mm wheel to an 80mm and the rebuilder said it looked perfect inside. I'll double check.