1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AR & Flange vs Vband housing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by screaming01l, Nov 29, 2011.

1. screaming01l

AR & Flange vs Vband housing

Ok, Im thinking of moving from my Precession PT6176 turbos to a Precession 6266 with the new wheel (CEA). My current setup is a t4 flange and .68 AR on a Navigator headed 5.4 in a 4400lb truck. i was thinking of changing to the new Vband style housing (in/out) BUT the only one they offer is a .82 AR and im worried about increased sppol times an higher rpm spooling

2. screaming01l

Re: AR & Flange vs Vband housing

I guess I should probably be a bit more specific. Let's say that with the t4 and. 68 ar im at full boost at 3600rpm, if I went to the 2.5n vband inlet(exhaust) with a .82 ar, how would that affect my spool time?

3. screaming01l

I guess I should probably be a bit more specific. Let's say that with the t4 and. 68 ar im at full boost at 3600rpm, if I went to the 2.5n vband inlet(exhaust) with a .82 ar, how would that affect my spool time?

4. spoolinranger

Yes that would change the spool time a bit, why are you wanting to change it anyways?

5. screaming01l

Im looking at selling my 2 PT6176's and going with the new precession 6266's with the new wheel design and its now available with Vband connections for the exhaust. Also, going from logs to custom headers in the swap.

6. Hotrod406

That v band housing is based off the T3 .82. I'd guess both the A and the R are smaller. I bet it will spool the same.

7. screaming01l

The higher ar will raise my spool times. Right now at 68 with a t4 they spool really nicely on the street, they used to be 8s but I went up. Never drove it with the 58s