1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

running rich at WOT

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by jjdawz, Jul 30, 2015.

1. jjdawz

This is my first turbo experience and just working out a few gremlins. 9.5:1 vortec SBC blowthrough set at 26* total with 10lbs of boost, and w/m (375 ml) coming in at 5lbs. Afr's are decent but a little rich at WOT (mid 10's). My question is should I leave well enough alone, add some timing, or reduce the rear jets from 84 to 82. I want be conservative and make sure I don't blow this thing up, but not sure what is my next logical move, or if this is where I should stay with the tune. It is driven on the street only. Any advice/comments appreciated.

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

3. flyinhillbilly

Is this a vortec supercharger or a vortec engine with a turbo? If turbo what are the specs?

4. jjdawz

sorry. It is a turbo on an l31 vortec sbc. It is an Ebay t70 turbo with a .84 a/r on the hot side and .70 a/r on the cold side.