1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

n/a cam...be ok for turbo..?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 90lxrider, Feb 28, 2010.

1. 90lxrider

im building a 408w and ive got a comp xe 282 cam .565/ .575 lift 112lsa...the motor is 9.22:1..i want to get it running on motor first (plus i need to save up some cash for the turbo setup).....will that cam be ok to run with a turbo..i will eventually get a custom cam..but not rite away

2. 90lxrider

Anyone.....? :huh:

3. patl

Some say NA cams are fine as long as you have a low restriction DP, exhaust (after turbo), and like a t6 framed turbo.
    Theory is, the cam will see the same differences in press. on both the exhaust and intake valve as NA. Just at elevated amounts.
    If I was buying a cam I would get a cutom (can be got for the same $$), if not I would run what i had.