1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rules For Posting In The Tech Forums!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Trentk, Nov 1, 2004.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trentk

Thought I should finally post up some general rules since we have an influx of newbies. Read this and obey it please.

Before posting a question do a search and read the website. There is a 95% chance your exact question has already been asked and answered in the past, don't waste everyone's time by posting it again, you will just get flamed for it and nobody wants that.
    If you do have a valid question please choose a meaningful thread title, lately I have seen a lot of threads with very unmeaningful titles, it makes me and others not want to click your thread.

Rules for responding to a tech question:

Inquiries within the Tech Forum are to be answered by those with first hand experience, professional knowledge, or the educational expertise to provide definitive answers. This is not a forum for speculative comparisons, personal theories, or an uneducated observer's insight.

Applicable Theories should fall within the 4 steps of The Scientific Method. Using this method this Forum will collectively and over time, endeavor to construct an accurate, reliable, consistent and non-arbitrary representation of data.

If you do choose to ignore this guideline and you do post an answer at least post what your source is. If it is something your friend billy bob told you at least say "well, this is what my friend told me or what I read" That way the person asking the question will know that it isn't a indisputable fact.

The point of these rules is to create a very useful set of forums with specific and tested answers for specific questions. The rules aren't setup to make anyone's life hell or so we can lock more threads. If these rules are followed the forums should just run themselves.

GENERAL FORUM RULES:
    1. No Flaming
    2. No non-work safe material, this includes avatars.
    3. Do not advertise anything in your signature unless you are an authorized advertiser.
    4. See the classifieds sections for classified rules. No ads allowed elsewhere in the forums.
    5. Keep the bs in the bs area. NO WHORING OF TECH POSTS.

Thanks,

The Management

Apollo likes this.
  2. TwinTurboStrokr

1. Observe some aspect of the universe.
    2. Invent a tentative description, called a hypothesis that is consistent with what you have observed.
    3. Use the hypothesis to make predictions.
    4. Test those predictions by experiments or further observations and modify the hypothesis in the light of your results.
    5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until there are no discrepancies between theory and experiment and/or observation.

The unvierse in this instance is " The Turbo Forums Universe" and of course everything encapsulted within it "technically".

Apollo likes this.