1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Single turbo plumbing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Savvypower, Jan 29, 2023.

1. Savvypower

Hey guys, I’m working on a turbo 352 FE for my galaxie. Currently I have headers made in a typical “log” configuration. My question is, would I benefit more from doing a merge right in front of the s475, or keep it how I have it. Currently I have: drivers side log is 1-1/2” .110 wall SS as the primary tubes, the main “log” that they feed is 2.5” OD ss .065 wall. Crossover runs under the trans directly into the passenger side log which is also 2.5” .065 wall with the same runner size. That log continues straight into the turbo from there. My concern is that the 2.5” passenger side is too small. Essentially all 8 cylinders are running thru the single 2.5” into the turbo. This engine will be 700hpish.
    Anyway, thanks for the input! Hope I’m not missing anything.

2. B E N

It will be fine. I think you are close to the cross section of the inlet on the Turbine housing. You are going to have pressure pre-turbine no matter the exhaust size.

Savvypower likes this.
  3. FlatOut

sounds similar to mine. is it absolutely ideal, I don't know. but does it work. yes

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Savvypower and B E N like this.
  4. Savvypower

Nice setup! Very very similar to mine! What did you use for the actual turbo flange? I’m looking for something similar. I need to go from one single 2.5” into a T6 housing

5. FlatOut

Mine is a t4 so I just made an fabricated the 2.5 to fit the flange fairly easily but a few companies including myself make a cnc version that merges any flange to any round for ease of fabrication.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. Savvypower

Nice!! I thought about machining my own also, it’s nice to have a register for the pipe to sit for welding