1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holset hx82 turbo

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by Cross, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Cross

hi im new on this site from WA. im from ohio but in the army. does anyone know anything about holset hx82 turbos? i have a brand new one and am looking to sell it but can't find what it's worth anywhere online.

2. half-fast

your probably going to get flamed cuz it sounds like your trying to sell it on here without the needed amount of posts. But if thats not your intentions my buddy is into diesel pulling trucks and knows everything about that turbo he said if your could send him a pic he could tell you what its worth [email protected] just send him a message he knows its coming

3. Cross

no im really just trying to find out what its worth because i dont know much about turbos. thanks for the email..im emailing him now

4. daithi2

depends what wheels are in it and if it has an aluminum housing.
    the steel housing itself weights 55# and puts the turbo close to 100# weight, aluminum housing is a big upgrades for hx85, and if it doesnt have a desirable wheel in it, they are usually too expensive to upgrade.
    Like i say depends on its specs. the steel ones go from $300-600, aluminum $1000-2500.

5. dds

Can you email me at
    This content is protected
    . I just blew up my hx82. Could you sent me pics and specs.