1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Roll cage question

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by knkfiend, May 6, 2007.

1. knkfiend

Im about to weld in my door bars, and im interested to find out the location necessary to be legal. I am trying to get the door bar as low as possible since i am both short and not skinny and this is a 99% street car. do the door bars have to be above the cross bar as in the picture, or do they just have to run between your elbow and shoulder??

cage.jpg #ad

2. Unatural

This doesn't answer your question, but why not make them removable? The cage can still be legal with removable bars.

3. knkfiend

i would if i had the time. all of the sudden im signed up for pinks without even knowing and need to be ready by friday. this week is also finals week!! :bang: i got the bars for free, maybe ill do a swingout nexttime.

4. botietr

The door bar should pass between your shoulder and elbow. and you can always cut them later to install the swing outs.

5. knkfiend

thanks for the input. so your saying it doesnt matter where the door bar is in relation to the crossbar?

6. botietr

All the SFI book says is that must run from forward and low to rearward and high.it must intersect the main hoop between the drivers elbow and shoulder. Doesnt say it has to meet up with the cross bar.