1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

turbo headers

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 93gtstanger, Aug 11, 2004.

1. 93gtstanger

ok im the new guy here and i have been looking for turbo headers for sometime, i have dart based 351 with afr205 heads, i have seen that youngs performance in alabama makes turbo headers, however, they are 16 or 14 gauge mild steel i think and they only support up to 76 mm t-type turbo. i want to go with PT 88 mm and i was wondering if and where i could find headers for this application- 93 gt with ps and ac. and also if the 16 gauge and or 14 gauge is too thin, im sure it flows great but how would it hold up in a street strip car- thanks for all your help

2. Traction Issuez

3. wondermut

4. Traction Issuez

I totally have no business talking for B&G but I'm not sure if they deal with the thumper grade setups
    issuez

5. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi

We will do thumper Kits BUT we will only do it if the exact turbo is sent up to us. If not we do not guarntee fit.
    I can make
    1 5/8 ,1 3/4 ,1 7/8, or even 2 ichh such as I am making now for a guy from down south with a

408 with trick flow r heads with the big ass raised ports, we are making his headers and downpipes, this will be one awsome set when done.
    Thanks,
    Brian

6. papis408w

Those are my cousins headers you guys are fabbing. If he sent his parts out to B&G then they must be very good as he is very anal.
    Primo if your looking at this thread I mean that in a good way.:D

7. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

LOL

Yes his car is totally awsome and I have tacked up his headers 3 times over already and tore them apart again just to get the best and nicest even look I can knowing how nice his car is makes it hard to send anything less then the perfect looking headers. I actually sent a request to him last night again for more pictures of his stuff so I can get the perfect look. I may even when I get them done, send the welded tubes out to my bender and have them made out of single pieces just for the look of it.

Thanks,
    Brian

8. Joe

Brian at B&G does EXCELLENT work. We received a set of his headers the other day and they are TOP quality. I would recommend them as they seem to be the best bang for the buck.

9. twinturbobiscayne

Unless it's a large frame specially ordered PT88 it still uses a TO4 exhaust flange, and should bolt up to most headers. Fab up your downpipe and go.

10. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi

Thanks Joe!

11. Joe

Re: Hi

No problem Brian - and anyone that buys our kits will most likely be getting B&G headers.

12. tom351

b & g was using 18 guage, have they switched?

13. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

Hi

We have been using 16 guage for awhile now and only use 18 on very special orders that require ALOT of CUTS. Like (equal length turbo headers) . All our collectors are 14 guage formed. And most of the crossover stuff is 16 guage, but have been recieving alot of 14 guage recently (think our vendor maybe has a new guy)lol.

14. 93gtstanger

thanks for all the help guys, so b&g you would need the exact turbo i am getting and then what, as many pics of my car as i can send to see what is up with it and my motor specs(most likely afr 205 or 225- havent decided yet, so if anyone has suggestions there that would also help-on top of a dart 408 stroker, also some people have told me that 16 guage is too thin and might crack, what are the possibilities of that happening. thanks again for all your help

15. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

hi

We can go thicker, and I would love to take your money to do it but...... I truly think after doing these for a year, I believe that 18 guage would hold up to a high point on a mild motor. and the 16 guage would hold up on just about anything. (If we start having problems we will change, but at last count of 37 street kits and 9 high high performance motors(ALL turbocharged, plus alot of naturally asperated) , plus at least 10 prototypes, I doubt we will.)

I have sold some kits going on some wild engines, and have used 16 guage, and for the money I charged, I believe if they would have failed I would defintaly know by now.

SO if you guys would share your expierances with me, is there anyone out there that has actually had a set fail?

Was it 16 or 18 guage?

Was your engine runed from running so lean it burnt through the headers?

Did it burn through?

16. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

All and

Yes it might crack, but that comes from poor design and metal fatigue. Comon since goes a long way and if you have a turbo floating way out there, your design should offer support over beauty.

17. 93gtstanger

hey thanks a lot for all your help, now just one more thing- like i said i am new so im still learning. i was looking at the pt88 turbo, i am shooting for 1000whp, and i was told that could do it, however when my friend talked to his turbo guy he said that he has a t4 frame gt45r- he only has one left. he says this would be a much better turbo for what i am trying to do, its non ball bearing and flows 160lb/min(91mm). he says he also has a gt42r ball bearing and flows 94 lb/min(91mm) and says that this might be better for me- any info on either of these would be greatly appreciated, also does the same go true for this turbo with the headers or is it too large for my application-thanks