1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

replacement v-band

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by luckythirteen13, Sep 12, 2018.

1. luckythirteen13

i have a pair of BW s366 turbos on my car. when removing one of the v-bands clamps, the bolt stripped out as i was removing the nut and had to be cut off and is no longer usable. I know that the s366 turbo has an angled surface so a special flange has to be used but the flange was unharmed when cutting the v-band clamp off. my question is, can i use any v-band clamp and if so, is it 3.5" I need to order? the flange and downpipe ID is 3.5". or do i have to base my order off of the outer diameter of the flange?

sorry, havent ordered v-bands in years. thanks

2. blown385

There should be a part number on the clamp . ??

3. fastspec2

4. luckythirteen13

I'll have to contact them and ask how long it is but that's a good idea

Blown385, it does but I was hoping to try a different brand just cause these have given me issues since day one. Every time I tightened or loosened them the threads felt like there were getting eaten up. This time they finally let go

5. luckythirteen13

I ended up buying the replacement t bolt and it worked great! Thanks for the advice

6. fastspec2

YAY! we won one.