1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

restrictor racing

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Rod, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Rod

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me out. I'm building a turbo single cylinder 450 for a fsae competition. We a required to run a restrictor similar to rally cars and i'm having alittle trouble wrapping my head around how to choose due to the restrictor. I'm basically down to two choices a GT06 and a GT12. The Gt06 has all of its compressor map under the choked flow limit of the restrictor 8.8lbs/min but is down almost 10% in eff. compared to the 12 but does have the benefit of building boost faster. The GT12 is more efficient and also I read that the pulses can choke the GT06s turbine causing lag. Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

2. Disney Lincoln

Doesn't matter much between the two. Just go with whichever one is easiest to buy.