1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

resister inline with maf?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Mr_Merkur, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Mr_Merkur

I was thinking (scary thought) for my TT5.0 setup. I am wanting to use my 46?mm MAF or at least a stock 5.0 maf. I have seen the modifing of the sample tube in the Maf itself (46mm). I was wandering if one could maybe put a resister on one of the wires for the MAF so it will work (be cheaper than buying one of the high doller ones (one I dont want to have to afford). I'm just kinda wandering the feesability here.

2. my8950

So you want to blow twin turbo though a stock MAF? I supposed you are trying to use the stock fuel pump and injectors as well? I would say its probably not a good idea.

3. Erik88GT

Probably not very feasible. You'd end up spending more time than it's worth, and then your maf would max out at a lower voltage than stock because you have a resistor in there.

4. Mr_Merkur

yea stock injectors. . . . . . off an 88 turbocoupe :p. And stock fuel pumps off other vehicles :-D. and i dint think of maxing out at a lower voltage, good point. Just trying to think of different ways to Getter Dun.