1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbonetics hurricane 7268 or magnum t72 q trim

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Orr89rocz, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Orr89rocz

Both are about same price, arethey basically same quality turbo and same flow range? I hear the f1 turbine wheels are nice.

2. Forcefed86

Never want your exh wheel smaller than your comp wheel IMO. I wouldn't run either. Simple $640 S475 would blow those out of the water.

3. Gen1SVE

+1...

4. Orr89rocz

Guess i need to spill more information. I gave no details on what this is for so i guess i shouldnt expect much

Twin turbo 400 sbc. Th400- 1200-1300whp range. S475 is out of the question due to size

I am not convinced turbine needs to be larger but certainly not to different in diam. Turbine power output should be dependent on the design of the blades. But we have no data to examine for turbines for proper selection. We only have experience of what has worked by random ppl unfortunately
    I run 70mm p trim masters currently. Already done 1034 whp, never redyno'd on race gas and high boost to know what they are capable of. Just figured turbines are getting small when trying to drive this 70mm that hard onlarger cube motor
    I know a 68mm "q trim" or f1 68 is gonna do what i want, hence the two choices above.
    422 lsx went high 7's on tc76 or tc78's at 3600 lbs. i figure the 72's would be where i need to be. Another suggested 6668's, next size down. Just not sure the hp-66 is gonna deliver the flow, if it does its gonna be off edge of efficiency and i want to avoid that to help intercooler do less work

Just not sure if t-series turbonetics 66 would match the hurricane 60 series cover 72mm in flow or not?

5. M&M Turbochargers