1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Remote turbo scavange pump guys please share

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pound4pound, Feb 22, 2015.

1. pound4pound

Hello all, I'm looking for pics and best way to plumb a remote scavange pump for a low mount under hood turbo set up....please share your pics and your knowledge

2. pound4pound

3. pound4pound

4. Boosted96bronco

I have built 3 different remote mounted turbo vehicles, a 2000 ford explorer (302 engine), a 2005 350Z, and my current 1996 Bronco with a 351W….all have used a shuffle model 8000-343-236 VITON electric pump for oil scavenge..Just realized this was an old thread……oops...

5. Orr89rocz

I have -8 drain lines T'd into single -10 i think, or may be -8 still i have to check going into my scavenge pump. Turbowerx exa
    -10 outlet to pan.
    Works great. Several years now no issue

6. Boosted96bronco

I used -10 AN from turbo drain side to a small engine oil cooler, then -8 AN into the suction side of the Shurflo Pump…..from the outlet (pressure) side of pump to the engine oil pan I ran only a -6 AN line since it was pressurized at approx 60 psi--and only flowing about 1.5 gallons/minute….They didnt need any larger lines than those for any of my builds. The oil cooler prior to pump was only to keep temps down below the Shurflo maximum temp limit for that particular pump which had a mostly plastic polymer housing-not sure which kind of polymer however….That particular pump (Shurflo 8000-343-236) had all viton internals which made it rugged/usable for engine oil/petroleum products.