1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

remote mount turbo oil seals,dynamic or carbon ?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mustang65r, May 19, 2010.

1. mustang65r

have t3 t4 highbreads remote mounted after reading some posts thought i would do a reseal of my turbos. seeing small drips coming out one unit. so looking at rebuild kits they offerd 2 kinds of seals.dynamic or carbon .beeing new to turbos and remote mount dont want to make the wrong move.i know it could be the scavange pump but i want to make sure there is no crap in the turbos from the machining of the units .the turbos are t3t4 garret knock offs from china. units had some play in the shafts but u get what you payfor.....thees units i got were just going to be mockups but now im running theese on my ride.so have to make do till i get a better set of turbos.whats the right seal for this type of app. thank all for the great carb info. :2thumbs: got it rich on the first try. only running 6psi now but shooting for 10. im a old time superchager guy who took a ride in a turbo car now im hooked.. :2thumbs: MAN I HATE TO SAY IT BUT TURBOS REALY DO RULE.................

c hat.jpg #ad

car1new.jpg #ad