1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Remote mount Turbo 7.3 IDI

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by Silver91Hatch, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Silver91Hatch

I am swapping a 7.3 IDI into a 1969 Ford F-100, with a 79 SuberCab chassis, 4x4, C6, etc. I don't have the firewall room to run the up pipes like in an ATS kit or a Banks sidewinder, so I was thinking about running something like a MP T70/76 under the cab on the passenger and running the boost pipes to a FMIC and to the intake. Does anyone have any recommendations on size of the turbo or anything related to turbo-ing an IDI. Thanks

2. DuramaxPowered

My brother put a Hypermax kit on a 7.3 IDI.......The turbo they sent was TINY and it worked well. You aren't going to be able to put much fuel to that, so stick with a small turbo.

3. Silver91Hatch

Yeah, I haven't found any specs on the ATS or Ford turbo, I thought a T70 was close.