1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Relays for injectors and other 12v needs

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by autosay97, Jul 8, 2009.

1. autosay97

I am swapping a 32v lincoln engine into my 88 coupe and am going to have to redo the entire harness. I need a constant key on 12v power source for everything engine related requiring 12v including injectors, edis8, 4r70w, ecu, mass air, IAC. Do I need to run several relays to supply power to them or can I run one bigger relay for all? I guess I am curious as to how much of a load every sensor and actuator in the car takes. I am wanting them to remain on during cranking also.

Suggestions, thoughts and discrimination more than welcome.

2. evobydarwin

Ive learned that multiple relays are the key. That way if one thing shits the bed, everything doesnt suffer mass punishment