1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Regarding TDC

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Cellbloccc, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Cellbloccc

I noticed all the previous problems alot of people were having with the service of TDC. Well, I was seriously considering getting the 87-93 TT 2X kit. Trying to get in touch w/them I found they were out of business. It seems that they have changed their name or are under new ownership. (Hopefully both!) Turbodepot.com seems to have everything that TDC previously offered. The site is different, but the products are still the same. Might want to check it out.

2. Cellbloccc

They're Fast

I just went to the site and they changed the kit info. It seems like they are now using Cartech's turbo system and selling it as they're own. They aren't offering the Outlaw 2X I guess. That sucks!!

3. Snipe656

You sure that is the same people?

4. Cellbloccc

Now I'm not sure because the site has changed since yesterday. Then, they had all of the same stuff TDC had as far as the kit names and products. Today, it has been changed to Cartech's kits. So now, I am back to the drawing board as far as picking a quality "complete" twin turbo setup!!

5. jstonestang

Check out our company website. We will be releasing an 87-93 twin kit in the next couple months.
    vecco.net
    turbo kit page
    email me for all info

This content is protected

~jasonturbo kit page

6. Cellbloccc

Yeah, I saw that earlier. I already put it in my favorite's profile. I am going to be the envy of Cali4nia when i get my car together. Good lookin out man!!

7. Snipe656

I saw someone this weekend daying you can buy those TDC twin headers direct from Kooks now(Kooks made them for TDC). I think he said they were something like $800 for the set. You could always build your own setup ;)

Seems the only street twin setup that can be had today is the ITS kit, maybe a few other smaller companies I am not thinking of.

8. Trentk

stay away from TDC. I know of quite a few people trying to get their money out of them for kits that were paid for and never delivered. Do not consider them for anything.

9. Cellbloccc

Thanks for the warning!! I'll definitely heed those words. I don't have 5-6 g'z to give away! F-That!!

10. KCCobra

That street address seems awfully close to where TDC was.

The number of kits they are offering at www.turbodepot.com makes me very suspect.

How can they have that many systems engineered without millions in research and product development?

I think they will build anything you slap down money for....or maybe a year later they will just dissapear as they did on so many TDC customers.

11. Snipe656

All the kits I looked at, appeared to just be kits made by other companies.

12. KCCobra

Some had names associated with them, others were being marketed as if they are "turbo depot" originals.

I'm thinking Scott Sussman is in bed with someone else, or maybe they bought his stuff, but it so so close to his Miami address that I recall from before. What are they chances?

13. Snipe656

Pretty good. Wonder how much of the TDC kits they made, I know Kooks did their headers, wonder if someone else made the IC's complete, then leaves misc tubing and down pipe.

14. Cellbloccc

I don't know. All I know is that they have something to do with TDC because the first few days I went on the site, (Turbodrivenconcepts.com) it took me straight to turbodepot.com where I saw the exact same kits that tdc was offering. Trust me, I knew that kit by heart almost. I have been fascinating about that Outlaw 2X kit for some time now. I highly suspect that they are in some way associated with tdc...if it is not the same owners with a different damn name. I would definetely check into it for those of you that lost money. I printed out the kit info if anyone will need it for legal purposes!!

15. KCCobra

I believe TDC used Spearco intercoolers.

The name of the "parent company" kills me, "Lazlaff Industries". First, the fact that there is a "parent company", sounds like layers added to a cake to protect someone.

Anyway, are they making an inside joke and snubbing the customers they fucked in the past with the "Last Laugh Industries"?

I think Scott thinks he's flying under the radar, but he's not.

16. Snipe656

Dunno, did he not have another company name before TDC? If so seems he was successful at the switch game once before and might be a second time around. At least they did their website pretty decently.

17. ViperKiller

The reason they changed the site on turbo depot is because of me. I sent an email last week to scott sussman, julio, and everyone at Turbo depot. and Let them know that They cannot steal my money, and that since they sent me TDC items from the new address and phone number, that I would link the two together, both TDC and Turbo depot. After I sent that email, scott replied saying that "i may have sold them the jigs to my kits" . But thats bs, because they used his pictures from his site, and way too much is the same. Anyone can tell. And also the jigs should be part of the property of the bank when he filed for bankruptcy. He changed the pics on the site, but im pretty sure everything sold will be "tdc" kits.

Scott still has my money alond with a list i have of at least 10 people from mustang sites, and im sure there is more not belonging to forums. But when I said I would link the two on every mustang forums, they threatened with a lawsuit. But it is public information. if anyone needs to know more, or would liek to see emails from me to scott, and ones back to me from scott abotu the new turbo depot, please email me, i dont want to post them.

Luckily for me my car is almost done, I found some one who has completely designed a new modular kit, and It is being installed on my 99 gt as we speak. If anyone has any questions abotu that please email me as well. Ill be glad to help. also As far as Im told my car will be shot for 5.0 next week. Ill post more about that later.

18. Snipe656

My understanding he did not even own the jigs for the headers anyway, that might be one reason why some are saying they can just buy the headers from Kook's now.

19. Cellbloccc

Good shit ViperKiller. Stay on those fckers. Hope you and everyone else get justice from that Scott guy. Sounds like a big headache and then some. Good luck man!!

bridal-shoal