1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Evacuating the crankcase

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by JohnSpo1, Aug 1, 2021.

1. JohnSpo1

I'm tossed on just how to evacuate the crankcase on my SBC build. I have the parts to do a evac through the exhaust, but I'm wondering if I should do a PVC and catch can instead. What are all your thoughts on these options, Pros/Cons?

2. B E N

If it is going to be a low mile vehicle or mostly track run the exhaust evac. If you are going to put miles on then PCV.

3. F4K

Use Factory PCV setup style for reliability and longevity (if you need longevity)

Use a turbo PCV valve from a Toyota Supra (if you are turbo) not the OEM chevrolet stuff

Any PCV will work if it can maintain a vacuum in the crankcase. Wet sump target is 1.5" to 3" Hg of vacuum , at all times. ALL TIMES. You should measure this at least once to ensure you hit this target range.