1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cobra IRS suspension??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by clone93gt, Feb 7, 2010.

1. clone93gt

Just wondering what the options for getting a 03/04 cobra with IRS to 60 ft in the 1.6-1.7 range. no I dont plan on going to a straigh axel. The car has a whipple on it and 15 psi makes around 550hp and 520 tq. Still has the 6 speed in it. Just wondering what tricks are out there for this set up.

Patrick

2. topfueldart

My best friend has an 04 with an IRS brace, and 315/35/17 Hoosier Drag radials. Its SCT chipped and 2.8 pullied and nothing else, makes 402 WHP and 445 WTQ on a conservative Mustang Dyno, he typically sidesteps the clutch between 3800-4200, and it goes low 1.7's. At Pinks All Out he got a bit ballsy trying to be sure it would run the number, wound it to 5000, sidestepped and squeezed the throttle to a 1.63 60 foot, and 11.80 @ 115. It runs really well for what it is. There is alot to be said for the "driver mod" and he flat foots every shift, and the car hooks really well, with nothing trick done to it.

I know most people who get more serious put solid bushings, and good shocks on the car, and that makes a big difference.