1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Received my PTK kit yesterday

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by rao, Feb 13, 2004.

1. rao

Everything looks good and is high quality. Took a while and the turbo and wastegate are still on the way, but so far so good.

It won't be installed for a few weeks.

2. jbob

:pics?: :pics?:

3. rao

I'll post some this evening.

4. Barry D.

is it typical of them to ship the turbo and wastegate AFTER the other stuff? why don't they ship everything at once? was yours a special case or is it a way of avoiding a time refund by shipping something or?

5. rao

First off, I don't have any problem with the delay in the turbo and wastegate. My kit is a very ordinary Fox bodied kit with a T-64 and standard wastegate. Apparently there was a deley in them getting the parts and they will be sent separately.

The kit was late and they gave me the discount without any problem.

6. Barry D.

cool, i only ask b/c i'm curious so i know what i'm dealing with if i decide to do business with them some point in the future. i'm sure others wonder as well though so i figured i'd ask. i don't know if i don't ask :)

7. Snipe656

I do not think their time refund even applies to those pieces of the kit.

8. Alex332

they were backordered on wastegates, and i believe they ran out of t-67's. My kit also shipped w/o a wastegate and turbo, as well as an oil feed line

9. Barry D.

so they were backordered on oil feed lines too? ;) :D

10. rao

I got all of that stuff. The feed and drain lines are very nice stainless :bling:

The time guaranty does not apply to third party stuff.

11. 8urls1

no big deal its normal

mott likely there was a back order on the turbo from the suplier ..

happens all the time in all kinds of buisnesses .

say you keep 3-4 of each turbo instock ready to go and when a order comes in you reorder and replace the ones you use

now if you do the math on how many turbo kits they sell thats a easy
    40 plus grand in turbo stock .
    cant ask a company to cary much more then that.
    figure 10 - 12 dif turbos 3-4 each between 700 and 1700 bucks

say you have a busy week and sell 7 kits but out of that 5 people want the same turbo all the sudden, you order the extra turbos but then you get told there will be a wait from the suplier.

not your fault you have done everything reasonable to try to keep a fair stock on the shelf and to supply in a good time period.

so they sent everything they had and are simply waiting for the turbo to get to them so they can send it as well.

Better that then hold the rest of the kit causeing the buyer to have doubts as to PTKS performance .. in this case we know ptk kept there end of the deal and the problem lies with the supplier.

12. rao

Cold parts

13. rao

Hot parts

14. rao

Y-pipe

15. rao

The Car

16. papis408w

just wondering if your headers have a slit where the bolts go? Mine has a slice of sorts. also does the outside part of the header flange seem flat? Mine has alot of excess material and seems that it would cause leaks if mounted due to not being completely flat. . I will try to post pics very soon. I'm also going to call Keith.

17. inertia

looks great! keep us updated on the project! :tu:

18. rao

Nope, mine have 1/2" thick flanges and regular holes - and they fit perfectly. They are also designed in such a way that it was easy to install the bolts (I am using ARP stainless bolts with 5/16" 12 point heads so the tools are pretty small) and you can install the spark plugs easily. So far I am very pleased.

19. papis408w

ptk headers

could you take pics of the flanges so that I can compare. Thanks in advance.:D

20. rao

I would if I hadn't already installed them :)

bridal-shoal