1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rebuild option for Incon turbos?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Kevins89notch5.0, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Kevins89notch5.0

Through a friend of a friend, of a friend, I've come across an incon kit. Dude says his friend is only asking like $600ish since a turbo needs to be rebuilt. I tell him to get me some more info, and I get this...

"talked to my buddy and he said he wants 800 for the kit. the kit is complete but the one turbo needs to be rebuilt. i asked him what model it was and he told me it was the first one they had made for the cars i don't remember the number but he said it had the ball bearing turbos with the kit if that helps. give me a call if u have any questions."

Now I may be a newbie to turbos, but yes, I did do a search. I've found mention of them being damn expensive to be replaced. What about rebuilding one? Is that even an option, or no? If its going to cost an boat load for a new turbo, then I guess this wouldn't be an awesome deal. I thought about posting this in the Incon FAQ, but didn't want to bump that thread and get flamed. :)

2. pur pony

jumping in for info to. I have always wondered what i can do if one of my incon turbos ever needs a rebuild?

3. Kevins89notch5.0

Well good to see I'm not the only one wondering. If I can get the kit and have it fixed for about 2K, I would go for it, but much more, and I'll just stick with my H/C/I/Vortech setup.

4. matt95

Call Majestic turbo, I am pretty sure they can rebuild them, not cheap though.

5. Grey93TT

And then after talking to Majestic call Limit engineering and compare notes.

:angel:

6. stanggod

Limit engineering has the most experience with incon turbo's. The kit you described sounds like a ddmi kit.

7. FastDriver

Kevin,

Call me. My phone number is 845-926-7594. I've got a deal for you that'll be a lot cheaper than you're hoping for.

Chris

8. xlr8a4d

Yeah,I have thought about buying another cheap kit just for parts in case I need them.

9. ducatibrian

there are options out there...anyone wanna sell a partial kit cheap? let me know :D

you can upgrade to a newer gt cartridge and "dump" the downtubes to upgrade the exhaust ;)