1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What epoxy to use to hold together an oil reservoir.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mtrain, Mar 10, 2011.

1. mtrain

What I have is a remote turbo setup just behind the cab on a 90's Mazda b2200 truck.

I had to buy 24 ft of 3 inch aluminum tube to at the local metal place to get what I needed, anyway, there is lots of the 3" tube left over.

What I was going to do is take a section of tube, and lay it across the frame of the truck, just a bit lower, and in front of the turbos.

The turbos will drain into this tube, which should cool it as well, then go to a Weldon oil pump, the to the oil pan.

All I need to do is cut some circles from aluminum, and epoxy them to the tube, since there isn't any pressure on the tube I'm thinking the epoxy should be fine. Of course welding is preferred, but my aluminum welder died last year. He was reasonable, and close by. I don't know of anyone around who is good at this.

Also, would I need to vent that tube at the top for the Weldon pump to pull the oil out?

2. Attatoy

find or call a boat shop, they will know or have a aluminum welder :2thumbs:

3. stangman9897

I would not expoxy something like that your just asking for trouble. Weld it . Where are you located if your not to far and pay to ship it i will weld it for you.

4. Centrifuge

I would take him up on that offer before i would epoxy.... :welder: