1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Horse power potential?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jeckelhunter, Jun 14, 2014.

1. jeckelhunter

What do you think a 350 lt1 forged with twin 57mm turbos,62# injectors,heads cleaned up through a 6 speed would make at the rear tires? Anybody got an Idea? Could it make 600hp?

2. leeperryracing

It can/will make 600 or more IF its put together right. It largely depends on the specs of those 57mm turbos also.

3. jeckelhunter

Well maybe that's worth it then. I've been replacing 8 broken valve springs that have been an unknown problem for sometime. I've also have 18# springs but can't get past 12 # boost. I think the 2 1/4 dual exhaust is to small. Any thoughts

4. leeperryracing

Did verify for sure that the 18psi springs are actually 18psi??

5. boostcreep81

Ummm... 2.25" is small even in NA form let alone with turbos. I would go no smaller than 3" from turbines to tips. I have 3.5" to dual 3" on my gt45 and will be uping that to 4" after I get it ready for the street. You also need to consider that the turbos are causing backpressure by themselves since they are T3 footprint( im assuming) and small wheels in them.

6. jeckelhunter

I didn't test them but they are the correct color and size. The exhaust is stainless and was installed before turbo's, I thought 2 1/4 may be a problem,I was thinking of doing cut outs,maybe replacing all of it wouldn't be much more.

7. 91turboterror

That small exhaust is gotta cause some major backpressure issues. Put some 3" exhaust on

8. ThomasWPT

Generally speaking, 600 hp should be no problem with twin 57's. I have a 331 Ford with twin t3/t04e's that makes 600 rwhp with 60 lb inj and 2.5" downpipe that necks to 2.25 on a turn. The exhaust is 4" past that point. No doubt 3" downpipes would flow much better but I'm happy with the power I make for street driving. Cheers.

9. jeckelhunter

That's good news too. My exhaust runs to the back bumper and I may just open the exhaust and test it first before doing cut outs,really want the 18#!
    Respectfully
    George