1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rear Tire question? D.O.T. cheater slicks

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by EGFORDGUY, Mar 3, 2022.

1. EGFORDGUY

Im in need of some new tires, and I have had the M&H muscle car tires and thought they worked pretty good, but have been thinking about the Hoosier Quick time tires. Does anyone have any experience with these tires? Or do you have another one I should be looking at. I want a bias ply because the car is a manual transmission.
    Thanks
    upload_2022-3-3_9-23-41.png #ad

2. Briansshop

The M&H will hook on the street,but will not last long at all. I like the Hoosier Quick Time Pro,but it doesn't have much tread at all,just a slick with 2 grooves.

3. Russell

How do you rate the longevity of the HQT Pro?

4. Briansshop

Better than the M&H for sure.

5. EGFORDGUY

I have had a pair of the M&H and thought they hooked really well, and I thought they actually held up very well as far as wear went as well. I was not originally looking at the QTP due to the barley any tread design on the street. I wonder if the regular Quick Time is as good? The M&H in my size is currently on back order and not even available I just found out.

6. Briansshop

I could see less rubber on the M&Hs after every cruise...admittedly spirited cruising :arco:

20 psi and a heavy right foot!

EGFORDGUY and Disney Lincoln like this.
  7. silver82GT

I have run M&H Racemasters in the past. They hooked fine, wore really fast and were an absolute death trap in the slightest rain. I remember crawling down the shoulder of the highway, white knuckle, at 20 mph in a moderate rain shower and wishing I had a set of slicks on because they would have worked better. I would never consider them if any amount of street driving was in the cards. I run the MT ET Street R now and have been caught in the rain several times. They worked far better than I could have imagined however they are a radial which you don't want.

8. Pro-SC

I would run the drag radials and the hillbilly slipper. I did run the old school et street bias ply’s on the street before, rain forget about it.

9. EGFORDGUY

I live in California and the only benefit to living here is good weather. So rain is not a issue for me in tire choices.

10. sam51

I ran the ET Streets, they worked well but if you hit rain you're done, they slid around like crazy. I had a friend that ran the Hoosiers and he said they hooked really well, but they didn't last as long as my ET Streets did.

11. Briansshop

The Quick Time Pros are the best hooking tire I've tried on the street. If you rotate them and reverse the direction of the feathering they develop,they hook like you're on a prepped track,but it only lasts for 1-2 hits.