1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rear shock questions

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Wallace, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Wallace

I'm building an Isuzu pup and I'm looking at rear shocks. I believe a Challenger shock would work in the stock location. The factory mounts are staggered one in front of the axle and one behind. The other choice would be a coilover shock. Using leaf springs and a caltrac style bar. The stock location double adjustable are much cheaper than the coilover. Is there that much advantage to going to the coilover shock vs stock? Thanks.

2. B E N

Unless your going to link the suspension coilovers are unnecessary.

3. Wallace

Is there any disadvantage to the staggered shock setup? Would mounting both behind the axle be better? Thanks.

4. B E N

I guess it would depend on the shock and how it's valved but I doubt you would notice much of a difference behind the wheel. With one behind and one in front of the axle one will be under compression and the other drooping under acceleration, and the opposite true under braking.

5. Wallace

I'm looking at the strange da for a Mopar B body. I believe they are staggered stock.