1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boost scramble with meth

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Hydeandgoseek, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Hydeandgoseek

I've been looking at the Cortex EBC boost controller. It can store multiple boost profiles and also control water/meth, prime the meth system, decrease boost limit if meth system pressure drops etc.

Question is has anyone run a setup like this with a scramble switch to raise max boost and spray meth at the same time for the safety factor

Example, run 10psi max normally as your safe limit on pump gas, flip the switch and you're gated at 15 with meth spraying anytime over 10psi

2. gruntguru

Not familiar with this controller but meth is somthing you only add above a certain boost level. If that level is set too high for the normal profile it won't spray until you are in Scramble profile (or you have an over-boost type malfunction) which is what you want it to do.

3. Hydeandgoseek

Makes total sense I skipped the simple answer. I've run meth on a boost switch with no controller before, I was completely overthinking it due to the controller having to ability to control both