1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Need someone to take over an AC based Intercooler project

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ken, Mar 19, 2019.

1. ken

The guy behind this recently passed away and no one at his company can take it on. It is a sophisticated system that controls refrigerant flow to an AC evaporator or to an intercooler evaporator. He has 3 patents and a pending application. He had a working version and software. The company is in Alhambra California. It would be really sad for all of the effort on this to be lost. One of the patents and the pending application are attached.

Attached Files:

2. Disney Lincoln

You serious, Clark?

nxcoupe likes this.
  3. ken

I have no idea who Clark is, and this is serious.

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

5. ken

The patent I attached gives an idea. I haven't looked at the prior art for nearly 3 years, but this system has a manifold 62 which controls the flow of refrigerant, and the system also cools the fuel. The inventor owned an AC company and was also a gearhead, so he may have seen things that others wouldn't?

6. nxcoupe

Nice christmas vacation reference.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  7. Bad Medicine Racing

I believe the Dodge Demon also uses the AC for the intercooler.

8. Doozer

That's Ken, Lincoln.