1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

drilling intake for boost ref and blow off

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by joes69, Feb 14, 2016.

1. joes69

I bought a new dart intake for bbc and I was using a spacer on a 4500 series intake and drilled and tapped into that for my fuel reg reference,map sensor for msd retard and bov.my question is do you guys drill and tap your intake for the vacuum source.If you do drill the intake do you drill it in the back or do you put your vac ports on the side of the intake.Trying to find the best place to put the vacuum ports and or what you guys are doing..thanks in advance

2. Mnlx

Any place under the throttle plates will give you vacuum, and boost, and doesn't really matter where. Your fpr should be referenced to the hat if blow thru though.

3. joes69

sorry my fault my fuel pressure is referenced through my hat.I have my msd retard,bov and boost gauge below the carb blades.I have the wastegate port between the turbo outlet and hat