1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rear Firewall Requirements?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by roozterdvx, Jan 31, 2008.

1. roozterdvx

I 've seen quite a few cars lately with aluminum fuel cell, and sealed battery box in the hatch area without a rear firewall.
    I always thought the rules stated that a firewall was required with battery relocation and/or fuel cell within the driver's compartment. I know the rule goes way back to before aluminum fuel cells became commercially available...

...did the rule change?

2. gryphon68

I believe there are a couple battery boxes at are legal without a firewall. A fuel cell still needs to be isolated though, but it can be an aluminum box around the fuel cell with a flip door on top to access the fuel filler cap, it doesn't have to be a full firewall.

3. roozterdvx

pic removed

4. Injected65

I posted a response to your thread on the Bullet, but to recap here, that picture was taken right before we fabbed up the cover for the fuel cell.

Chris