1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

where to move battery in back of the car

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by sho_92, Dec 30, 2007.

1. sho_92

Why is he passenger rear so poupular to put the battery. wouldn't I want it on the driver rear since the car twicks to the passenger side? I know the car i just got has it right over the axel.

2. PONTIAC SLEEPER

because the passenger side wants to lift up under exceleration... the battery weight is there to help with traction... :2thumbs:

3. Grape Ape

:dito:

4. pudster1

CAN YOU SAY ANTI ROLL BAR :2thumbs:

ANTI ROLL BAR.jpg #ad

5. Tims86-9.80

Yes, and if you ever put a car on the scale the drivers side is heavy because you are on that side. So put it on the passanger side to move some weight on that side.

6. cobrasan

and putting a 60lb battery over there is easier than losing 60lb.s from my one ab

7. onefst86gt

:dito:

8. sho_92

Ok it all makes sense. No anti roll bar on my street car. I still have to hack that out of my new body :D. seems they don't like steep driveways on an angel. Thnak you everyone for your help

9. PONTIAC SLEEPER

:bang: you can always un attach it for street driving... Takes what 5-10 min to reconect a couple of bolts at the track...

10. sho_92

no thanks not for me. the one in it now its all bent up and broken ill get pick before remove it. it needs to come out no matter what.

11. Bellman Jeff

Actually the passenger side dips on acceleration, but the axle rotates the opposite and tries to lift the right rear wheel.. When you use an air bag in the right rear, or an anti-roll bar.. It takes the weight of the body rolling to the right and uses it to counter-act the lifting of the axles right side.. Helping to plant the right rear tire..

I think the reason that batteries are mostly put in the right rear, is to help better balance the weight across the rear.. And to offset the weight of the driver on the left side..

12. sho_92

thanks for the help on that bellman thats how I thought it was and you put it into words as I thought it was doing. When I had wheel spaces with large holes in them I kept bending driver side wheel studs but never passanger ones and that is why. thanks to everyone for helping me understand it better