1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

2x2 through floor subframe connector wall thickness?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Chris Barnes, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Chris Barnes

Planning my subframe connectors and was wondering what wall thickness is sufficient? This is a 95% street 99 twin turbo cobra that will likely never have a cage, etc. Just looking to stiffen the thing up a bit.

thanks!

Chris Barnes
    Phx, AZ

317666672403_0_BG.jpg #ad

188009471403_0_ALB.jpg #ad

581496672403_0_BG.jpg #ad

2. boosted88coupe

Go check out the wolf race craft subframes they are bad ass. I have kenny brown on my car but after seeing the wolf race craft... I think I have to have them now. There are several dealers here that sell wolf... also I saw an article not long ago on here a guy is doing a diy fox build that looked bad ass he actually cut out the factor shit and install 2" by 3" if I remember correctly and it looked awesome I'll try to find a link of his build it was very inspiring.
    brandon

3. Chris Barnes

I like the Wolfe stuff too. Just a bit spendy for what I'm trying to do. Plus 2x2 is plenty for my needs.

4. gryphon68

0.083 is required for 25.5 whether it is MS or CM, so that's a good guideline, even if you never put a full cage in it.

5. Chris Barnes

Thats the info I was looking for. Thanks!

6. skinny1030

Get the wolfe subframe connector and you will save your self alot of tine. I have done both and the wolfe is well worth the money

7. 95silverstallion

Damn, my 2x2s are .125 wall. :bang: I wonder how much heavier they are than .083? I would guess 33% heavier?