1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Mallory highfire VI Boost retard question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by qwikstik, Feb 2, 2012.

1. qwikstik

So I have a Mallory hi fire VI ignition box that has a boost retard that runs off of a two bar map sensor. My car does not have a map sensor because it's a MAF car. What I want to know is how would I set up a map sensor on my car to run the boost retard? Would the map sensor work with the boost retard without running off of computer? My set up could really use a boost retard so I need to set this up soon! Any info would be great.

2. leeperryracing

Just get a map sensor off eBay ($25-40) tap into somewhere AFTER the throttle body for boost reference to the sensor, connect sensor to box and setup your boost retard using the box.

3. qwikstik

OK cool that's what I was hoping for, something easy along those line! Thanks!

4. leeperryracing

No problem....I learned a TON from this site, happy to share the knowledge.