1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ran the car on a mustang dyno yesterday (video and pics added)

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by wazslow, May 3, 2009.

1. wazslow

Went to Fonse performance in NJ yesterday to shake down the car. Great bunch of guys over there :2thumbs: They do alot of race car stuff there, the most they have ever seen on there known low number producing dyno was 1040rwhp. Well i put 26 lbs of boost to it and 21 degrees of timing (pulling 15 from 36 total) and the car made 1224 rwhp with a/f of around 11.8:1. This was on c16, didnt have any time to try the Q16 i had with me or add any more timing or boost. I was happy with the numbers on a mustang dyno and that should put the car well into the 7's if i can get it hooked up. Car went almost 170mph last time out with only 18 lbs of boost @ 3570lbs. I am expecting the car to be a little lighter and be able to leave much harder with the new 315's!! I think we are looking at 185+mph trap speeds once the chassis is sorted out :2thumbs:

Definitly have to that Kevin at CSU who answers the phone at any hour when i need him! Thanks to the guys at Fonse perormance! And also thanks to all my friends who make this all possible (Scott, Paul, Matt, Mike(video dude) ) Video to come shortly! Also thanks to all of you here at theturboforums, there is a turboforums sticker right on the back window!

2. 86lxnotch

Re: Ran the car on a mustang dyno yesterday

good deal, whens it hitting the track

3. wazslow

Might try a few shakedown runs at atco on Thursday night. Have to see what the weather is going to do.

4. 86lxnotch

g/l with that. this weather lately sucks. hopefully have the turbo kit finished on the bike this week and as you said if its decent try to get to the track with it this weekend

5. turbofreek

well that good you got it going finally. i bet you just cant wait to make a hit on the big tires :cheers:

6. blowthru66

Thats killer!! Your car is one of my favorite cars on here! Dont be saying anything good about Kevin cuz carm will chime in and tell you how much cooler his car is than yours :stupid:

7. Brent Davis

AWESOME power Jon. :bow: No doubt man that 7's be the majic number with a lighter car and more power. I am still shocked the nobody bought this car even when 8.30's was the norm. Good luck out there man and bring the blow-thru guys another 7 second ride :cheers:

Oh BTW, send me a PM with the converter part number too. :D

8. PRO050

Would be great to see that thing run in the 7's.
    Great HP numbers on what seem a fairly safe tune.

9. allmotor65stang

wow thats some great numbers.. :chacha:

i think its time to post videos.

10. jim wingo

dam, thats some power-somebody wanting to go really fast should scoop it up

11. wazslow

12. Tims86-9.80

Cool video. Nice job on the build, making some awsome power. :2thumbs:

13. shoebox1.1

awesome!

14. allmotor65stang

15. rdakota340

And did I see that right it was done under 6500rpm that is awsome man.

16. FourEyedFord

Awesome numbers!

Is that right about the RPM, 6300 for peak power?

17. PEARL MUSSIN

Man that is a sweet car!! Congrats on all the hard work you put into it its really paying off!

I think the R on your window is for ridiculous!! :2thumbs:

Jeremy

18. wazslow

RPM was off on that run. I have one on paper that i took to 7000 and it still never peaked :2thumbs:

19. wazslow

I love all the coments on this video. People sure do know what they are talking about on streetfire :doh: Those are huge slicks! LOL Touched a trailer, not a street car! LOL I would like anyone of them to come play on saturday at atco "TRUE STREET" with me :2thumbs:

20. sprayit67

this is bullshit..im tired of you guys posting these type of numbers .. it give false information carburaters do not work!!!!!

dont get your pantys stuck up your butt im kidding!! jon that car is awesome and this again proves that a simple carburater can get the job done with ease... that blue torpedo is proof right there! congrats .jay