1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Raising boost? Question about tune, afr, etc?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Chris89Stang, May 9, 2007.

1. Chris89Stang

The shop that tuned my car tuned it very conservatively @ 7psi with a 11.5:1 afr with a SCT chip. Would it be safe to raise the boost to around 10-11psi without getting it retuned? Will the computer compensate for the increased airflow and adjust accordingly to maintain the current afr?

Thanks!

2. 1idjak

I'd say no and no on a eecIV

3. Toma

Depends if the MAF is anywhere near maxed right now. Personally, I would throw a widebad on it and go for a blast, raising boost 2 psi, then 2 psi again....

You SHOULD be ok, depending on what timing they used as well...

4. Chris89Stang

I have a 3.5" Pro-M meter (blow-thru).

I just ordered a AEM wideband so I'm going to see what it does right now @ the current boost level.