1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

(quicksilver) lays down 1190 RWHP tonight

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Brent Davis, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Brent Davis

This was using the GT-55 91mm turbo that I had and a new air-to-water intercooler with 21 psi of boost. Inlet temps were 88* :eek: and so far coming from the S480 turbo and looking at the graphs, the GT-55 is making 200 more RWHP at lower RPM's and much faster. This is still with 75/75 jetting too from my "crutch" carb mods and still stock fuel bowls but with bowl extensions. He is hoping to run the car this weekend and better his best of 8?? :D He will send me the graph later and I will post that to show.

2. cobrasan

Re: Randy(quicksilver) lays down 1190 RWHP tonight

whats the rest of the combo?

3. Brent Davis

427 Windsor
    AFR225 heads
    Solid roller
    Super Victor intake
    850 DP with my "CRUTCH" mods :D
    GT-55 91mm turbo
    Huge air 2 water 'cooler

I am sure he will fill in more

4. jim wingo

curious if any air temps were taken b4 the i/c

5. il_wolf_li

Very nice numbers!!! Congrats! :2thumbs:

What transmission (stall size if auto)? So when is it gonna see some track time? :chacha:

Brent, what is your 'crutch' mod exactly? Got a link to a thread you already explained it in?

Thanks,
    Brian

6. smokin03cobra

that is nuts...only imagine if carbs WORKED!!!

7. Stroked-Z

Cant wait to see the crutch in action!

My new crutch is only a few hrs away from fireup as well :D

Lets hear those numbers Randy!

8. NIL8GM

Killer Numbers!! :2thumbs: Way to go Randy and Brent!

9. FourEyedFord

Nice work guys! :2thumbs:

10. PRO050

Nice numbers for sure, hoping to have great success with my new "crutch" carb.
    Keep us posted :2thumbs:

11. 04mx

WOW :jdp: :drool2: Congrats on the great numbers !

12. quicksilver

Hey thanks sorry i havent been on for a while working on this car is killing me lol,going to the chassie shop on monday to get The UPR wishbone rear brace put on and scale the car hope to be at the track next sat let you know the results.hope to make some shakedown passes then turn up the boost.On the dyno every pound of boost we added the car make 75 more h.p to the wheel.A/F is 11.6-11-9, 21 lbs of boost..this thing is plain nasty...hope i can keep it straight down the track lol

13. droopy

holy crap :bow:

ill say thats nasty.....man, sounds like your gonna have lots of fun with this thing. dont forget the video camera! :2thumbs:

14. NIL8GM

Randy......what is the A/R on the exhaust housing and how does it spool up compared to the s480??

15. domn8rx

1190 rwhp and 75/75 jets :doh: Randy, Brent.....well done :cheers:

For the people running blow-thru carbs and your not dealing with Brent, your missing out.....hands down the best money you'll ever spend on getting fuel in your motor.

congrats

john

16. Brent Davis

John, thanks man for the kind words. I am just doing what I do in another form, that's all. It is funny that the way I am doing the BRPV gets kinda picked at but what about when MSD was totally analog and no form of custom doing your timing, or what about boost controllers that are all controlled via solenoids and a timing computer :noidea:..............kinda like the air pump and MSD Digital RPM controller "JUST" to open the BRPV 's under a desired RPM range :huh:. It's all good though as there are all sorts of carb builders and modifiers out there and there are alot of satisfied customers all around as well. I am just glad that I could help you with your carburetor and hopefully if you do another one, I can help with that one too if need be.

Quicksilver, get some ET's next week if you can man and gie me a shout when you can.

17. domn8rx

yeah but you know what they will say...."that's different" :ras: :lh: :ras:

john

18. quicksilver

.96 A/R and ther turbo spools fast also when we compaired the dyno graph the boost came on faster and made 250 more h.p through out the the range..

19. brianj5600

Any backpressure data?

20. jdpepper

no need to justify anything mang, the chit works :2thumbs: