1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quick wire size question

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by JohnSpo1, May 22, 2023.

1. JohnSpo1

I'm mounting the battery in the trunk. the only leads that need to go forward outside the body are the Power lead for the starter and the main ground. I'm using terminal lug bulkhead fittings. I'm thinking wire size either needs to be 1/0 or 2/0.
    What would be the suggestions?

2. Disney Lincoln

1/0

B E N likes this.
  3. sam51

The bigger the better, I've used 2/0 without issues, my current car has 4 gauge from battery to starter, which is how I got it, I have plans to upgrade later but it starts just fine so far, I do have a mini hi torque starter so I'm sure that helps.