1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Quick "where does it go" engine gasket question

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Silverone01, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Silverone01

Quick "where does it go" engine gasket question

I'm putting the motor together and I have two gaskets left one is the rear crank seal and another is called a Slinger. Its the size of the rear crank seal only different. I didn't take anything off the motor that looks like it. I googled it and found if goes on after the rear seal to keep dirt off the seal. Its that correct. What way does it go on.

Thanks guys.

Here are a few pictures of it.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. bobtsgt

Re: Quick "where does it go" engine gasket question

it goes on with the lip facing out. Most people don't put it back on after replacing the rear main seal. Doesn't really do much. Some of the new edge ones didn't even have one from the factory. It may keep some larger dirt off the seal but the finer particles will get past. Plus the seal has to sit back on the crank further in order to use the slinger. Hope that helps.

3. Silverone01

Re: Quick "where does it go" engine gasket question

Fantastic! Thanks a lot...I think I'll leave it off. :2thumbs: