1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boost vs. compression

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by GoldenHP, Jun 2, 2009.

1. GoldenHP

Well ive heard that with higher compression you can still run boost, but the question i want to know is how much boost can you run with say 10.1, 9.5.1.When this winter roles up on us im planning on building my motor with forge internals i want higher compression of course the motor is a 5.4 sohc motor i would go 4 valve but y make my headache any worse then what it is now. right now i have it twin turboed (motor has 8.5.1 compression nowlighting shortblock) and i like my turbos jus motor feels like ass when not under boost hence the higher compression. but y turbos arent effecient unless i run at least 15 psi min. so whats the most psi have anyone ran on higher compression.

2. 97tntcobra